Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Care For Your Bots
07-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Care For Your Bots
We all hate playing with bots, especially me. I'd rather play with five people who JUST bought the game and are playing on their tablet than bots.
The real point, though, is that we are frequently stuck with them in games. The AI isn't perfect yet, and that means you have to watch out for them on Master Arena.
At game start the bots like to split off to either boost tunnel. They might engage other bots in the middle, where there's a little opening. If they get bumped off the main track through there, the AI seems to fail them and they just sit. Someone has to either kill them for a respawn or bump them back to the main road so they can take off. Your team will be at a severe disadvantage/advantage depending on what bots are stuck in there.
To show you just how bad of a beating can be shared with a team advantage, I'd like to show you this screenshot of a match. Observe the 12-0 score and my 6 goals.
[Image: examplehz.jpg]

His team was so locked down by my team at his goal that I was able to grab the ball and score with almost perfect ease.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2011, 01:47 PM
RE: Care For Your Bots
(07-15-2011 10:00 AM)DCooney Wrote:  We all hate playing with bots, especially me. I'd rather play with five people who JUST bought the game and are playing on their tablet than bots.
The real point, though, is that we are frequently stuck with them in games. The AI isn't perfect yet, and that means you have to watch out for them on Master Arena.
At game start the bots like to split off to either boost tunnel. They might engage other bots in the middle, where there's a little opening. If they get bumped off the main track through there, the AI seems to fail them and they just sit. Someone has to either kill them for a respawn or bump them back to the main road so they can take off. Your team will be at a severe disadvantage/advantage depending on what bots are stuck in there.
To show you just how bad of a beating can be shared with a team advantage, I'd like to show you this screenshot of a match. Observe the 12-0 score and my 6 goals.
[Image: examplehz.jpg]

His team was so locked down by my team at his goal that I was able to grab the ball and score with almost perfect ease.

orly? i dont remember this.
08-27-2011, 03:09 AM
it was a couple months back, I left the game before this

[Image: HFcmm.png]
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 03:44 PM by Firestar.)
We all hate playing with bots, especially me.