Poll: SteamTrading Cards?
Hell Yea!
..... Why? hell no.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Metal Drift Trading Cards?
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Metal Drift Trading Cards?
I'd like to see Metal Drift trading cards, wall-papers, smiley-icons, and all that jazz. I believe you get a % of the profit from each trading card sold in the steam market by the way, so when someone sells for 5 cents, you get 1 cent, steam gets 1 cent, and the player gets 3 cents. And for the tin cards everyone craves, and normally sell for like $2 each, you'd get like 15 cents or so, I dunno, I forget the percentage.

But yea, I'd love to have a Metal Drift wallpaper for my profile. :P Smileys wouldn't really be that hard I don't think. 1 of each tank, or 2 tanks of 2 colors, maybe one of each weapon, the ball as an icon. Stuff like that.

Go to http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq for info, and scroll to; "I have a game on Steam, how can my game participate?" for info on how to make Metal Drift trading cards.

You're strategy? Speed to jump and evade, scoring as much as you can? Grenade the hell out of the map to get lots of cheap kills? Armoring up and shock cannon to camp your goal? Temporal & Sensor for it's one clip always kills?

My strategy? Defeating your strategies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Metal Drift Trading Cards?
I agree completely, these would be awesome to have for Metal Drift.

[Image: HFcmm.png]
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
07-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Cool idea. I didn't even know the trading cards existed. I just sent an email to our Steam rep.

I'll let you know how things develop!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2013, 08:18 AM
(07-19-2013 03:14 AM)Electronaut Wrote:  Cool idea. I didn't even know the trading cards existed. I just sent an email to our Steam rep.

I'll let you know how things develop!

I can probably help come up with a few emoticons and backgrounds :P At least being able to list the things that'd be cool to have as emoticons and stuff.

:mdball: (Uncommon)
:mdtankblue:
:mdtankred:
:mdtankvip: (rare)
:mddrakontank: (Super rare if it's possible. :P)
:mdgoal:
:mdrepairpad:
:mdspawn:
:md%weapons%: (Weapons from Pulse to Shock, Shock being marked as rare while Pulse being common.)
:md%upgrades%: (Same as above, common to rare on upgrades based on level unlock)
:mdempcannon: (Super rare if it's possible. :P)

Lets see. I think that's all I can think of right now.
As for the trading cards? Hmm. 8, 3 blue, 3 red, 2 generic.
1 card displaying a tank of each level in each color. 1 tank showing a ball being taken to enemy goal for a score, just before the ball disappears that is.
1 card displaying a small thumbnail of an entire map, whichever one, I think broadsword is the best, it is my favorite after all. :P

As for wallpapers, a nice view of each of the maps as a wallpaper, as well as,
http://www.metaldrift.com/_include/img/background.jpg
I thought there used to be another image I liked. Trying to find it.

You're strategy? Speed to jump and evade, scoring as much as you can? Grenade the hell out of the map to get lots of cheap kills? Armoring up and shock cannon to camp your goal? Temporal & Sensor for it's one clip always kills?

07-24-2013, 07:19 AM
It looks like you've put some thought into this Vas. If our Steam rep ever gets back to us, I'll let you know.
07-26-2013, 09:31 AM
We got the go ahead from steam to put together a set of cards.
They're going to do a promotional sale to launch the release!

Thanks for the idea Vas! I'll check in later to discuss specifics.
07-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Well, I still have 2 copies of the game I'm trying to find people to give out to :P I rather like the game and wish some of my other ideas would be taken in and added to the game. This is probably my single favorite game since I abandon the Halo series.

You can have any amount of trading cards by the way as I've seen. Players get random drops of half the cards and have to buy/trade the rest on the steam market. So if you want 10 cards, could add a repair pad and another as a Drakon tank. For the Drakon tank, could change the blue/white parts of it to white to show it as a neutral tank, just for the card that is.

I'd try to come up with more ideas, but it's a bit hard typing right now. Will be till I manage to get the rest of the snake teeth out of my finger. My snake bit me and plenty of his teeth broke off in my finger. :P

07-28-2013, 07:38 AM
This idea is good because it's relatively easy and doesn't require any update to the game itself.
09-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Art for the first card is ready. Let me know what you think.

[Image: TradingCard_01_BlueTank.jpg]
09-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Almost looks like it has some Slime City art influences in it.

But it's amazing!

[Image: HFcmm.png]
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai