Poll: What do you think?
I prefer shock to remain as is.
I think this idea is great.
I think this idea, + allied tank aid is great.
I think all ideas in this post are great.
I think the idea + cloak kill is great.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Shock Cannon Changes
04-07-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 10:33 PM by VasVadum.)
Shock Cannon Changes
P.S. Please comment here if you wish to discuss alternatives before you vote. Voting is permanent, discuss it before you vote if you think there should be a change.

We all know that shock cannon has been made useless because players have been whining like little girls about how it stopped them from scoring a few times. Specifically players like Dryice who are invulnerable to everything but shock-splosions because of their fascination with grenades and the grenades ability to stop enemies flat in their tracks and spin them around much like shock used to.

I came up with an idea today regarding new shock mechanics that can bring shock back to it's former usefulness and not be extremely bad (as people claimed it was) as it used to.

The solution is simple.
Half shock's damage output.
1 energy does 1% speed reduction to all enemies in the blast range.
1 energy does 0.3 knockback / forced turn. (Meaning your tank is turned in one direction or the other by 0.3 degrees)

This means that at 100 energy, max energy.
100 energy will stop all enemy tanks instantly. There is no recovery time, there is just an instant speed loss. Once you have been stopped, you can resume moving right away. It's only a delay tactic.
100 energy will do 30% knockback / forced turn. This means your tank will be turned one way or the other by 30 degrees.

What does everyone think of this?

Also while thinking about it. I thought it might be nice to add energy to allied tanks in the blast range.
1 energy adds 0.20 energy to all allied tanks in the blast range. This means at 100 energy, the allied tanks will get 20 energy added to their fuel cells. So allies get a small boost off you. This can not really be abused because it takes 5 energy to give 1 energy. Not much of a bonus really. If you want to think about it a different way, you're sending energy off in all directions, allies will be able to draw in your energy signature through the metal in their tanks linked to the reactors, while it's encoded so enemies get hurt by it, unless they use team fake and team fake is active, then they too, get the boost rather than a hindrance. This means shock campers won't be able to stop a rushing team faker with an area blast but rather help him instead.

One more thought I just had, this should decloak anyone who is hit by it. At least any enemy cloaker.

You're strategy? Speed to jump and evade, scoring as much as you can? Grenade the hell out of the map to get lots of cheap kills? Armoring up and shock cannon to camp your goal? Temporal & Sensor for it's one clip always kills?

My strategy? Defeating your strategies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Shock Cannon Changes
I think something like a complete immediate slow/stop would have to be tested extensively first. It might work great, or it might be game breaking.

Overall it's new and fresh, which is nice.

[Image: HFcmm.png]
I'm in your forums.
Helping your players.
kthxbai
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
(04-11-2013 10:01 AM)Firestar Wrote:  I think something like a complete immediate slow/stop would have to be tested extensively first. It might work great, or it might be game breaking.

Overall it's new and fresh, which is nice.

I just don't want people driving past my area damage shockwave as if it were nothing whatsoever. Pisses me off when I can no longer defend my own goal. Goals are supposed to be hard to get, not some breeze you can just fly over your enemies with speed and jump and rush the whole game. Now EVERYONE uses speed, there's no reason to use anything else!

Also, complete total stop is is 100% energy. Besides, when you're struck by shock, your tank is turned anyway so you gotta turn and you'll lose speed doing that anyway. Somewhat helps you out. :P

To bad we can't give these upgrades dual abilities. Shock could have area damage or shockwave (more damage or more knockback) so you could pick which power up to activate.

You're strategy? Speed to jump and evade, scoring as much as you can? Grenade the hell out of the map to get lots of cheap kills? Armoring up and shock cannon to camp your goal? Temporal & Sensor for it's one clip always kills?

04-18-2013, 08:30 AM
There needs to be more Upgrades so of course I love this idea. But how about for the last idea it just barely decloaks them for like 2-3 seconds to be visible and then cloaks again... but I love all the ideas on this post.
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Shock's effect on cloaks would be the same as if t he user clicked de-cloak. They can re-cloak the instant their cloak timer refills. That's not very long to wait.

04-20-2013, 08:33 PM
powered up shock needs to be reverted to what it was. thats my only opinion. its targeting params need to be adjusted too.
05-19-2013, 08:24 AM
(04-20-2013 08:33 PM)asdfdsa Wrote:  powered up shock needs to be reverted to what it was. thats my only opinion. its targeting params need to be adjusted too.

Yea, I'm sick of losing 25% of my energy because an ally got shocked when I was aiming at an enemy.